Welcome to my Blog!!

Hi, I’m Alyson, a wedding a portrait photographer based in Huntsville, AL. I love Jesus, my family, photography and life!!! So much of our memory is tied to photographs. Just one picture of a special time or moment can bring back a rush of memories and emotion. This blog will keep you posted on all my new weddings and events. My personal page shows a little more about my life and what I’ve been up to!! Please send comments if you have any questions or just want to say Hi! Enjoy!!









He is Risen!!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am so sorry for the delay in posting!! It's so pretty outside and I've been shooting a ton, so not much personal computer time!! But I can't let this amazing time of year pass without a post about my heart. I love Easter. For many reasons. First, it's the foundation of my faith and life, I serve a risen Lord and I praise God for that! Second, I love time with my family. Third, this was my first Easter as an Aunt!! Fourth, I love spring and flowers. So much to be thankful for.


I have to share something from my devotion today. I've been doing a bible study on "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy DeMoss and it has been such a blessing (and challenge) to me. Today was talking about surrendering our rights to God and this pledge by a late Bible teacher named Russell Kelfer. I wanted to share as this is a time of year for renewal, what better way to start than relinquishing to God what is His...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having been born into the kingdom of God, I do hereby acknowledge that God's purchase of my life included all the rights and control of that life for all eternity.

I do further acknowledge that He has not guaranteed me to be free from pain or to have success or prosperity. He has not guaranteed me perfect health. He has not guaranteed me perfect parents. He has not guaranteed me perfect children. He has not guaranteed me the absence of pressures, trials, misunderstandings, or persecution.

What He has promised me is eternal life. What He has promised me is abundant life. What He has promised me is love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, meekness, and self-control. He has given me all of Himself in exchange for the rights to my life.

Therefore I acknowledge this day the relinquishment of all my rights and expectations, and humbly ask Him by His grace to replace these with a grateful spirit, for whatever in His wisdom He deems to allow for my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, what a challenge. I pray you will be blessed by this and have an amazing year... not in circumstance but in perspective ~ having gratitude in all things (my prayer also for myself)

Love in Christ,
Alyson